Get there with Randall Scott
 
 
 
About Randall Scott
New Items
Current Promotions
 
BLOG ARCHIVE
 

 

Follow Tommaso on Twitter / The Tommaso Blog

Tommaso Twitter Updates

    Tuesday, May 16, 2006

    Randall Scott Lifestyle

    Product we love! 2005 Iron Horse MKIII Team Review

    2005 Iron Horse MK III Team


    This bike has truly been a joy to ride. Since moving to Colorado in January of 2006, I have enjoyed the privilege of riding some renowned trails in the Boulder area and I also made it out to Fruita, CO to the annual mountain bike festival. Fortunately, I had my MK III Team with me at all times. The bike can pretty much handle anything from steep rocky technical descents to open rollers with kickers, as well as any climb out there. I have not ridden down any lift lines yet, as the season hasn’t open up in Summit County yet, but I will be sure to let you know how the MK III performs on the big mountains as soon as I do. If you are looking for something that was designed as a true all-rounder, the MK III is your bike. Features that make this bike one step above most, include the patented DW-Link suspension system which allows for reduced bob while pedaling and the DW-Link also provides for more efficient braking. As for suspension, the bike comes stock with a Progressive 5th Element Air Shock (can’t complain, quality stuff) and Manitou Nixon Platinum fork w/IT travel adjust. After about two rides, the IT travel adjust on the Manitou died and the fork was static in the compressed position, not to mention this was during a descent at Hall Ranch in Lyons, CO (see link: Hall Ranch in Lyons, CO). In Manitou’s defense, I sent them my broken fork and they replaced it with an 06 model with reasonable turnaround. However, during the time my fork was being fixed, I needed to ride so I purchased a Marzocchi Z1 Light ETA/TAS….GREAT FORK! I really like this fork, it has great feel which derives from the best dampening systems around, real plush. Plus, the white color looks sick with the light blue MK III. The only other modification I made is switching to an 8 inch rotor in the front, slightly more stopping power now, might come in handy when I get to the top of a chair lift. Also, I forgot to mention the Hayes El Camino brakes. Great stopping power and no fade make for a win combination. As you can tell I am very happy with my MK III and would recommend it to anyone considering a higher-end all mountain weapon.

    Sam

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home





    Send Your Comments Here


    Digg!