Get there with Randall Scott
 
 
 
About Randall Scott
New Items
Current Promotions
 
BLOG ARCHIVE
 

 

Follow Tommaso on Twitter / The Tommaso Blog

Tommaso Twitter Updates

    Tuesday, November 21, 2006

    Randall Scott Lifestyle

    Do Today's Reality Shows Stack Up - We'll Find Out

    When I think of Reality TV, I remember the real Real Worlds. Maybe I was young and naïve, but Real Worlds New York through San Francisco seemed a little more authentic than any of the reality TV I have caught since. Puck, Eric Nies, David……I mean these guys were genuine Dbags, not just fabricated alter egos for the tube, but true bedwetters.


    (Can Reality TV of today compare with that of yesteryear? Real World San Fran.)


    Today, almost regardless of the how the show is set up, it seems you fill the quotas: a few frat guys, a few minorities, a homosexual, a raging bi#@!, a virgin, someone artsy, and then let the insanity ensue. I’ll admit, I haven’t consistently watched a reality show since the aforementioned San Fran Real World – but that’s about to change. Along with the other responsibilities that have me working here 70hrs a week, my boss has decided that my job description now includes a weekly review of no less than two new reality shows. Yes – bike company combined with Reality TV – brilliant.

    While it’s on my mind, I’d like to correct the earlier comment I made regarding Real World San Fran being the last reality show I watched. The last reality show I got caught up in was Joe Shmoe, and it was amazing. So, it was set up like Survivor or Big Brother, where everyone votes to see who stays, alliances are formed, physical challenges can give you immunity for a week, and the last one standing wins an exorbitant amount of money. Well, in Joe Shmoe, everyone is an actor accept Joe. This poor guy is the only one who thinks the show is real, and the actors do a great job of ruthlessly playing with his emotions - - - if you can find it on DVD it’s a great holiday present, and if you can get past the inherent immorality of the shows objective, it really is hilarious.

    (Joe Shmoe shocked and appaled)

    Anyway, I have to pick a couple reality shows to get into, and I’m open to suggestions. I have no choice but to watch Laguna Beach, as mandated by my boss. But after that the world is my oyster - from Real World to The Bachelor to whatever else is out there. Please write in to let me know to which program I should subject myself, and inevitably become addicted to.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home





    Send Your Comments Here


    Digg!