Get there with Randall Scott
 
 
 
About Randall Scott
New Items
Current Promotions
 
BLOG ARCHIVE
 

 

Follow Tommaso on Twitter / The Tommaso Blog

Tommaso Twitter Updates

    Wednesday, June 13, 2007

    Randall Scott Lifestyle

    Eloquent, Thoughtful, Chillaxin’…….I give you Malibu.

    Malibu of American Gladiators deftly describes the medical techniques he employed to recover from a vicious hit he absorbed during a particularly brutal match of Human Cannonball.



    We caught up with Malibu a few days ago while he was playing Powerball at a local park with Dustin Diamond, and asked him about his time on Gladiators.

    As wonderful of an experience as it was, I’d be lying if I didn’t tell you how much of a hindrance it was to my entertainment career. After leaving Gladiators to pursue theatre, the thespian in me swiftly dissipated under the oppressive chains of typecasting. Supercilious director after supercilious director insisted I play the role of penetrating lawyer in the mold of Ben Matlock, or distinguished judge in the mold of Phillip Banks. Repeatedly I pleaded with these directors, these eccentric and omnipotent aristocrats who smothered my muse like a burrito from Long John Silver’s, asking them, “if you clip a doves wings will it not, not fly?” My beseeching inevitably fell upon deaf ears and I returned to Ohio, and once again became Malibu.

    Like so many chasing the American Dream, we learn even Gladiators aren't immune to the harsh reality known as Broadway.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home





    Send Your Comments Here


    Digg!